Responsible to: Visitor Experience Manager
Salary: Starting at £24,000 pa
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours a week, flexible between office
admin time and events requirements. Will include a mixture of early starts and late
evenings between weekdays and weekends.
The successful individual will be responsible for all things ‘Events’ within the Visitor
Experience Department on board the Tall Ship. You will be responsible for every aspect
of an event, from transforming enquiries to confirmed events, outsourcing and bringing
in events, arranging our own in-house events to evaluating their success afterwards.
• Provide a warm welcoming first contact with clients and manage the
communication throughout the planning process until delivery.
• Manage the diary to ensure smooth turn over times and no conflicts taking place
between events, ship activities, ship maintenance and the visitor attraction.
• Provide professional walkarounds of the ship to ascertain the client’s
requirements while demonstrating knowledge of the ship in a positive and
• Build and maintain strong client relationships to ensure their trust throughout
the planning stages and delivery.
• Ensure all clients are provided with T&C’s and risk assessments prior to their
• Liaise with the finance department regarding all event invoices and payments.
• Ensure all events follow current licensing laws.
• Create and circulate function running orders to the front of house team and
crew in advance for each event.
• Maintain relationships with external catering companies and vendors and ensure
all relevant documentation is up to date and on site for each event on board.
• Develop and implement an annual event plan to increase revenue.
• Work within the Events Department budget and report and manage KPIs
• Manage the Tall Ship social media accounts to promote in-house events.
• Keep all procedures and trackers up to date throughout event planning stages.
• Produce and present reports to the board of directors and at team meetings.
• Supervise all function staff throughout the event and run the in-house events.
• Be an ambassador for the company values in an internal and external setting.
• Be able to use own initiative.
• Have a can-do attitude.
• Have an in-depth understanding of event management procedures.
• Be immaculately presented at all times.
• Have a thorough understanding of standard office software.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be enthusiastic.
• Have experience with social media content.
• Be a team player.
• Can work well under pressure.
• Hold a Personal License (preferred but not essential)
• Have an HND in Events Management or similar OR minimum 2 years experience
in a relevant role within the Events/Hospitality/Tourism industry
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com